The second school we’re introducing is a tough one: It’s hard to get accepted, it’s known for its strict curriculum, and the workload is said to be enormous.
Bunka Fukusō Gakuin – Bunka Fashion College.
What you get in return is an excellent education at a prestigious school that has been specializing on fashion for many decades.
3-22-1, Yoyogi, Shibuya-ku,Tokyo ,151-8522, Japan
Foreign students must meet the following criteria:
1. You are at least 18 and are not of Japanese nationality.
2. You have qualified for a university in your own country or have attended school more than 12 years full-time.
3. You have a good enough command of Japanese to understand lectures in that language.
4. You can demonstrate that you have the financial ability to live and study in Japan.
5. You have a reliable guarantor living in Tokyo or its general vicinity who can care for you.
How Many Students Get In?
There are 4,000 students enrolled at Bunka Fashion College. (Another 4,000 attend the Bunka Women’s University, which also offers the Fashion Program).
Why Bunka Fashion College?
Bunka Fashion College is the most well-respected design school in all of Japan. Housed within their modern 20-story complex, you’ll find the cutting-edge Bunka Body Structure and Function Lab, a Fashion Resource Center, and more than 20,000 unique items at the Bunka Gakuen Costume Museum. Over the years, notable alumni have included Kenzo Takada, Junya Watanabe and Yohji Yamamoto to name a few. You’ll love learning in Tokyo, which is considered the epicenter of all emerging Asian fashion trends.